Quick Sheet: Family Finder at Family Tree DNA - 2nd Edition
A companion guide to “Autsosomal DNA Testing for the Genealogist.”
Quick Guide By Diahan Southard
ABOUT THE QUICK GUIDE:
Many have begun to explore autosomal DNA testing with Family Tree DNA but aren’t sure how to navigate the website and make genealogical connections. This guide provides answers to the following questions:
- How can I find my best matches at FTDNA?
- What do the MyOrigins results mean?
- Do I need to add my pedigree chart to the website?
- What do the relationship ranges, like 2nd-4th cousin, really mean?
- What is a cM and why is it listed on my match page?
- What is a Chromosome Browser? How do I use it in my genealogy?
- How do I use the In Common With tool to find genealogical connections?
Diahan Southard has a background in microbiology with a talent for clear and concise explanations of complicated topics. She has been translating genetics into genealogy for 15 years and currently acts as Your DNA Guide (www.yourDNAguide.com), providing personalized consultation experiences to help genealogists use DNA testing in their genealogy.
Author: Diahan Southard
Pages: 4, laminated
Size: 8 1/2”x 11”
Finish: Full Color, laminated
$8.95 plus $2.50 shipping