Quick Sheet: Understanding 23andMe
A companion guide to “Autsosomal DNA Testing for the Genealogist”
By Diahan Southard
ABOUT THE QUICK GUIDE:
Over 1 million people have had their DNA evaluated by 23andMe. This
website has powerful family history tools and this guide will answer the
most pressing questions like:
• How can I control how much information is being shared with others?
• How can I enter my genealogical information?
• How do I know when I have a good match?
• Is the YDNA and mtDNA information they give the same as what I see at other places?
• What is the best way to use the ethnicity results presented?
Diahan Southard has a background in microbiology with a talent for clear and concise explanations of complicated topics. She has been translating genetics into genealogy for 15 years and currently acts as Your DNA Guide (www.yourDNAguide.com), providing personalized consultation experiences to help genealogists use DNA testing in their genealogy.
Author: Diahan Southard
Size: 8 1/2”x 11”
Date: October 2015
Finish: Full Color, laminated
$8.95 plus $2.50 shipping